- Life member, International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP).
- Past President, and current member, Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP), and past chairman of the association's legislative and professional accreditation committees.
- Past President, Denver Metropolitan Association of Chiefs of Police.
- Current member, National Tactical Officer's Association (NTOA).
- Past member, American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS).
- Current Member, Board of Directors: DART
(Defense Awareness Response Training, a 501(c)(3) organization)
- Current Affiliations, Institute for the Prevention of In-Custody Deaths;
Force Science Institute; Police One; Calibre Press Officer Survival; Federal Law Enforcement Training
Center (FLETC); Americans for Effective Law Enforcement (AELE);
Xiphos; TASA; Expert Consulting Services of Colorado (ECS), and the
Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM).
- Current member, Retired Peace Officers of Colorado (RPOC).
- Past President, Westminster 710 Rotary Club.
- Past President, Westminster DARE Foundation.
- Past Member, North Metro Drug Task Force Board of Directors and
West Metro Drug Task Force Board of Directors.
- Past Member, Denver Metro Crime stoppers Board of Directors and the
Westminster Public Safety Recognition Foundation Board of Directors.
- Past member, Police Executive Research Forum (PERF).
- Former member, Metropolitan State College Curriculum Development
Advisory Council, Criminal Justice Department.
- Former member, Jefferson County District Attorney's Office, Adult Diversion Board of Directors
- Two-time award recipient, Westminster 710 Rotary Club's, "Vocational Excellence
Award," presented for maintaining high ethical business practices.
- Three-time award recipient, Denver Regional Council of Governments, "Innovation in Policing and Police Productivity Awards," for police productivity monitoring, the implementation of a police/citizen complaint review team program and a regional crisis intervention-training program for police officers.
- Honored by Colorado Congressman Mark Udall and the United States House of Representatives on June 13, 2007 (Volume 153 No 95 of the Congressional Record), for, "leadership and fortitude," as well as, "four decades of public service" and a "life-long commitment to public safety".
- Recipient of the Westminster Police Department's Medal of Meritorious Service for, "lifetime achievement in law enforcement " (September, 2010).